- Proposal of MODROB by Prof. A.S. Bharule to AICTE for setting up Experimental Stress Analysis Laboratory have been sactioned 11.5 Lakhs.
- 34 Students have been placed in various Reputed Companies in academic year 2015-16.
- 47 students of the Mechanical Engineering Department have been placed in various reputed multinational companies like cognizant, IBM, WIPRO, Thermax, Mahindra & Mahindra, Satyam computers, L & T, Tech Mahindra, Areva, SKF Bearing, etc, through Campus interviews academic year 2012-13.
- Under TEQIP-World Bank project, the fund of Rs.8.5 Lakh has been utilized by the department for procurement of equipments/instruments & advanced machines in order to make the laboratories state-of-the art. The motto is to develop center of excellence in the department.
- The department has established modern tool room named as "Sant Gajanan Tool Room" (SGTR) in the workshop equipped with all facilities. For that the advanced, vertical machining center (a type of CNC m/c) of Rs.41.60 Lac from HAAS, USA has been procured under TEQIP. The installation & commissioning work of the M/c is being completed. On receiving the orders from reputed industries, production on M/c is being also started as per set objectives of the project.
- Under Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Student Chapter of SSGMCE formed by the department, various technical & co-curricular activities have been conducted through out the year for the overall personality development of the students.
- The Mechanical Engineering Department has taken lead role in forming Renewable Energy Club under Ministry of Non-Conventional Energy Sources, Govt. of India. The fund of Rs. 25000/- has been sanctioned as a grant by the Ministry to fulfill the objective of the club. Under this REC, the department has conducted various activities related to Energy Conservation, Renewable Energy Sources, Equipments & their importance has been conducted through out the year.
- The Department has conducted one-week ISTE approved short-term training program on " Computer Integrated Product Design (CIPD)" during 4-8 December 2006. Approximately 30 faculties of reputed institutes from various states have participated in the program and nearly 20 experts from research & esteem institutes were invited to guide them.
- The department has received the sanction of Rs. 1.90 Lac from AICTE, New Delhi against the proposal sent to conduct two-week short-term training program for the faculty. The department has successfully completed the program on " computational "Fluid Dynamics" during 26 March - 7 April 2007. The experts from various IIT Powai, Kanpur, DRDO and other research & industries were invited to import technical guidance to the participants.