Vision & Mission
- To develop quality mechanical engineers, researchers and entrepreneurs with commitment for excellence, learning enthusiasm, ethical behavior and serving the society.
Vision Mission in Marathi
- M1 : To impart fundamental knowledge of Mechanical Engineering to the students through excellent/best Teaching learning experience and provide a platform for Higher Education.
- M2 : To offer Industry Institute Interface, interdisciplinary knowledge, and value-based education for the overall development of students.
- M3 : To enhance research, next-gen skills, and entrepreneurship abilities of the students to solve social problems.
Program Educational Objectives(PEOs)
- PEO1 : Engage in creating, designing, manufacturing, analyzing, testing, and maintaining the systems of Mechanical Engineering and allied branches of engineering.
- PEO2 : Solve the problems of societal importance by applying fundamentals of Mechanical engineering & pursue higher education, research in the domain of Mechanical.
- PEO3 : Imbibe ethical values & skills for lifelong learning to work effectively as a part of a team member, leading a team in a multidisciplinary setup.
- PO1 : Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2 : Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3 : Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4 : Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5 : Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6 : The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7 : Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8 : Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9 : Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10 : Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11 : Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to ones own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12 : Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes(PSOs)
- PSO1: Manufacturing Engineering : An ability to apply the principles of manufacturing engineering and technology to develop techno commercial skills.
- PSO2: Thermal Engineering : An ability to apply fundamentals to design and analyze the thermo-hydraulic systems.
- PSO3; Design Engineering : An ability to design and analyze mechanical components and processes to predict the behavior of engineering systems.